Falling in Love Again...
Proclamation Of Love - I
Rain splashed across the window while I lazily sipped on the cup
of ginger tea sitting on my desk. It was a beautiful day as I love rains.
Somehow I feel that nature senses my emotions and makes me feel that God is
listening to me.
It had been more than a year since I last wrote a blog. I was
never too concerned about writing, but I guess professionally, it has helped me
grow. But more importantly, personally it has always been a way for me to vent
out my frustrations and throw them in a space where no one can find them. My
deep, not to be shared, emotions surf
ace and find release when I write them
down. I had a habit of writing them down in a diary but without fail, each and
every diary of mine have been read by everyone in my family. Sometimes, it has
been so embarrassing, but there was this one time when I felt bad.
My diary consist of chronicles of my emotional journey with my
ex-boyfriend. It was hard for me to share my thoughts with anyone but my diary
as I thought that no one understood what I was going through. I thought that I
will never be able to move on with life that I will always hate my parents for
not letting me be with him, that my faith in God will never be restored...and
that I will never fall in love again.
I would say, though it was the hardest thing I have ever done, but
yes, I moved on with life. Depression was what surrounded me, but I have to
admit that I have been really happy in life since quite some time. All thanks
to love.
Yes, I fell in love, again.
For a person like me, who thinks that love is for a lifetime and
you cannot feel that connection with anyone else again, fell in love, head over
heels. He came into my life when I had been going through
an inner conflict of whether I wanted someone in my life to fill the void I had
been feeling since almost for two years and move on or whether I wanted to live
with the memories of the old love, get married to someone of my parents' choice
and then live my life without actually loving him. The old love of mine had
married some other girl due to the pressure of his and my family, so why I
don't have a right to love and care of someone who would love to have me and
care for me? Why should I be the one to sacrifice my life's desires when he was
living a fine life, not emotionally though but he was slowly settling for what
he had got.
Then, why me?
Last two years had completely changed me from what I use to be...
When I fell in love for the first time, I was naive to the outer
world and its ways, submissive to him, I was innocent, believed that true love
survives everything and that there's only one love, one soulmate who can never
be replaced by anyone else. But never counted the possibility of the fact that
the one you considered your soulmate was just someone who taught you important
lessons of life and love, your twin soul, your reflection but not your
soulmate. What if God has made someone else to be your soulmate and you are
just blinded by the fact that this is true love?
There was a time when I felt that the pain, loneliness and unrequited
love that I felt for my past will never go away. The process of telling my
parents about it and then going through the emotional torture had tormented my
soul to the core and I, in not the same way, felt that that I could move on or
feel the same way about anyone ever again. But most importantly, I felt that no
one would ever be able to match up to his standards, his love and care for me,
the intensity of passion we had for each other. I was afraid I would fall just
like that for someone and would regret later as I won't be able to give that
new relationship my hundred percent. I didn't want to hurt that new guy. I
thought I will never be good enough for someone else and that someone else
would never be enough for me. But I guess God loves proving me wrong.
When I saw him, he came around as a sweet, innocent guy. Someone
who was naive and didn't know anything about this world. I never thought that I
would ever fall for him. But destiny has its ways. But when I fell for him, I
fell really hard. The attraction was so powerful that I could hardly take any
time off him. We started spending mornings and evenings of every day of the
week together. There were days when we use to be together for more than 12
hours and use to go back only to our respective homes only to get some sleep.
It was becoming obsessive. Even after a year of togetherness, I still had
separation anxiety if I couldn't see him for one day. I was addicted.
It wasn't like I felt insecure in the relationship. In fact, I had
never felt this secure with anyone else. It was like he brought peace in my
life. Happiness and contentment came along. He was a friend with whom I could
talk about anything and everyone, share my deepest thoughts, talk about the
demons of the past that haunted me, and even after all my teary-drama, I knew
that he would be there, by my side always with his protective arm around my
shoulders or holding my hand while making our way through the crowd or scolding
me whenever I behaved like a spoiled brat. He was everything that I had ever
imagined. I never felt this way in my past relationship. At that point of time,
passion and intensity was all that mattered, but now it was different, it was
something I had never imagined of.
In the past, I had been a victim of infidelity. Though I never
told anyone but I have been. When we told our parents about our relationship,
they were not ready and due to pressure from the family, my ex-boyfriend started
taking steps back. It hurt me, deeply. I kept on trying to make him understand
that I will never leave him and will stand by him in this difficult situation
all the way. But he disappointed me as after a few months he started flirting
with other girls and once went to meet one of those as well. His best friend
told me about it. When I confronted him, he accepted this angrily and regretted
afterwards saying he was just trying to keep his mind-off me. Wow, what an
explanation for such a behavior. It was not the first time he had done
this. He kept flirting with other girls when he was in a pretty serious
and long relationship before and I knew it very well. But, I was so blind to
his ways of being in a relationship. I worshiped him with all my
heart. He kept hurting me and I kept taking it thinking that I was the one to
take all the burdens of the relationship while he had all the rights to have
fun. I was the responsible one even though I was 8 years younger than him. I
thought this is how it will always be. I thought if I ever said a word to him,
he will leave me and I won't be able to live through it.
But yet again, God proved me wrong.
I survived all of this. I survived watching him go marry someone
else. I survived depression when suicidal thoughts came to my mind everyday. I
survived being alive.
After two years...two very long years for me as I took this much
time to get back to my normal mental state. As I started thinking that it all
depends on me to be happy, I started spending more time with my friends, while
going out and drinking became often. Until I realized this is not how I should
be living. That realization came when things had already became bitter between
us. And I felt how I could have been so stupid not to see how insensible he is,
to see how he doesn't care about others except himself, how he has all the
signs of a typical roadside Romeo.
That was the moment when all the unshed tears, all the unrequited
pain vanished. After that moment, I stopped feeling anything for him. I became
neutral.
That was also the moment when I, unknowingly, opened the gates of
my heart for someone else and it was the perfect time when he, my future, came
into my life.
My heart went out to him when while coming back from the trip he
massaged my foot. It was extraordinary for me as nobody had treated me that way
before. He asked me out a few times before I said yes to him and was always
courteous. But we instantly hit off on our first date and I later discovered
that the criteria for both of us to judge how the date went was that if we got
bored or not. And to much of my surprise, he talked a lot, though he had always
been a shy one among the group of friends. He talked openly about
himself. There was a bond between us, of the past. He had been through a
similar situation and knew what it felt.
It was easy talking to him and I use to blush whenever my friends
teased me about him. It was anew for me as I had never blushed before like
this, visible to everyone. It was soon after a few dates when I asked about his
thoughts about commitment and was quite surprised to find out that he was not
ready for it. He never seemed like someone who believed in flings and going out
with someone just for fun, but you never know what life makes you after making
you go through tough times. I was disheartened and told him what I want or
otherwise there was no point in being together after what I had been through. I
wanted security of the future. I wanted to have someone who would never leave
me again alone in this world. I wanted someone I can rely on at any hour of the
day. I wanted someone to protect me from this cruel world and gave me a safe
haven in his arms.
So, I left, with heavy heart. The heart which was fluttering with
excitement since so many weeks felt so weak suddenly. I felt abandoned, again.
I never asked him the reason for not being ready for making a
commitment. I simply thought that maybe I was not good enough for him. That
maybe I was good enough to have fun with and not good enough to be a partner.
So many thoughts ran through my mind and my heart went through so many very
well-known emotions yet again. I felt I had hit a dead end and I won't be able
to risk opening my heart again for someone. I went back home feeling failed.
Feeling like no one in this world wanted me. Feeling empty. The void that I was
so desperately trying to fill suddenly became evident again.



Comments
Post a Comment