Can Time Heal Everything?

My current G-mail status says, "A lonely road of Broken Dreams".

One of my friend saw it and asked me "What's Wrong?"

Well...to explain what's wrong, I might have to explain my story. Here it is...in Short.
I had an affair with my neighbor and we both wanted to get married. We had known each other for around more than 3 years (2 years of friendship and a year long relationship) when we decided to reveal this secret affair to our parents. We told our parents and they were completely against it. We fought on our part to make them agree for our marriage. We both wanted to get married in our parent's presence and decided that we won't go against their will. After a battle of more than a year, I gave up. I had to, because he got engaged. Within next 3-4 months he was to get married. And since then I have been feeling really lonely and that is what my status reflected.



I had always believed in the saying that 'Love Conquers All', but quotes are just quotes...because if they really were true then all those who were in love would have lived 'Happily Ever After'. But not all love stories are meant to have a happy ending.


Coming back to the present...
My friend asked me how much time am I going to take to get over him.

I made him understand that, 'We both knew what our fate held for both of us. Separation was inevitable. We have accepted our destiny and have taken two different paths...two journeys but eventually leading to the same destination- Happiness of our family. We can't be together again...and I'll always remember him fondly, keeping each and every memory of our togetherness safe in my heart.'

I am glad that he understood the point that memories from my past won't restrict me from moving on in my life.


But his question kept on hovering in my mind. How much time am I going to take to get over him?
According to a fact/research/guide, the time taken to get over a relationship is exactly half the amount of time you had been together. Does that mean I'll be able to get over him in more than 2 years?
Or will I be able to get over him ever?

People say that you can never get over your first love...that special person who took your heart away and taught you the meaning of love will always hold a soft corner in your heart forever and ever. So, does that mean I'll never get over him?

Or will I just learn to live without him?
Or maybe I'll just learn to live with my pain?

I really do miss him...everyday...and I know I'll always love him.
And yes, I am learning to live my lonely life with love and the pain given by that love.

 

And what decides that how much time will be taken by your heart to be healed to love someone again?


But the question still remains same- Can Time Heal Everything?

Comments

Popular Posts