soul mates: PROLOGUE




31st December, 2011, 11:15 pm

New Year was a just few moments away and I was holding him as tight as I could, not wanting him to leave ever, sobbing in his arms and wishing if God could freeze my life just there at that moment.

I never wanted 2012 to start as it was a year of destruction. Though it was going to destruct the world in December, but I knew that my world is going to get shattered the moment it will start. And my heart wasn’t ready to bear the pain that that year was going to make me go through. Even though 2011 had already broken me into pieces, but starting of 2012 was a sign that these pieces will never be merged together as the love that will hammer those pieces into one will not be there.

He cupped my face in his palms. Kissed my forehead. Knelt down. Kissed my feet. Folded his hand to say sorry, tears rolling down his cheeks, and went away. He left me in the darkness of my balcony to cry while the world was lost in the cacophony of music and fireworks welcoming the New Year and I was mourning the one which was going to end.

I went back into my room, snuggled up in the quilt. My phone rang. It was him. He was crying too. I knew that everything that was happening wasn’t his fault alone. I knew he never wanted to leave me. I knew he wanted to stay with me for an eternity. I knew he was dying inside every moment just the way I was. I knew he was helpless, just like me.

I wish I could reach out to him to wipe away his tears. To tell him that he should always remember me with a broad smile on his face. To make him understand, that I’ll always be with him. To tell him that I know it’s not his fault and that I had already forgiven him of the sin that he was repenting. The sin of leaving me alone, in this journey of life. The sin of breaking all his promises that said that, no matter what, we’ll stay together. I wish. I wish.

For a while, none of us said anything, finding comfort in the silence that we shared. We were just a few minutes away from 2012 when the phone got disconnected.

Comments

  1. Loving it so far! The way your thoughts translate into words is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Anonymous,

      Thanks for the feedback. I am loving it too. :)

      Delete
  2. Start a book..I would love to have a copy of it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts